Monday, August 27, 2007

Officially a student again...

Yes, I am officially a student at the University of Tampere. It took me most of the day but it's official. I will receive my student card in 2 to 3 weeks and then hopefully benefit from student discounts!!

What can I say today? I saw a homeless person yesterday. That is the first sign of poverty that I have seen. I imagine that there is more but where? I imagine that through my work placement I will figure this out but it's odd that it's virtually invisable.

I must say it's interesting being the minority. I have always been a minority becuase of how I look but never because of language. It is incredibly lonely. The lack of pay phones and calling cards means that I only speak when I am asking for directions or when I happen to run into one of the three other Canadians here. No calls home yet...hopefully Skype will work and I won't feel so isolated soon.

I wish I could post pictures but sadly using an internet cafe prevents this. I have some good pictures so far and I look forward to taking more. I will hopefully post pictures in about 2 to 3 weeks. Yup, no internet in my apartment until then.

Well, time is running out yet again. My thoughts are with everyone back at home. I miss my home terribly!! I am growing more thankful every moment for everyone and everything I have in Canada. Why does it feel like December will never come??

Hope everyone is well. Feel free to comment!! Much love!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marvels!
I just got back from a walking thru your new home with Geoff. I hope this news brings some happiness your way-- You now OFFICIALLY own a beautiful home. Congratulations!!!

Could you e-mail me your mailing address once you settle into your apartment? Thanks chica!

xoxo

-Sora

Unknown said...

Wow, I really need to proof read my comments before I post them!