Hei!!
Only 11 days until home!! Yeah!! I am oddly saddened by the thought of leaving because I am going back to face the reality of fitting in family, friends, a case study and defense, work, furnishing a house, and finishing wedding plans. Not sure if sleeping or eating will have to be moved to the "If time permits..." category. However, I am looking forward to returning to my life. I am going back much more thankful and appreciative of the people and things that make my life so incredible.
Geoff arrived last Friday and it was quite the stressful day for both of us. Geoff had problems with his flights starting in Chicago and after being diverted to Vienna and Helsinki he made it to Tampere. Over thirty hours to get here!! I think both of us are secretly wishing we could stay in Finland simply to avoid the "gotta-get-home-for-Christmas" traveling madness!!
So far, we have gone to Tallinn, Estonia. We stayed for the weekend and it was wonderful. Jacqueline, the cool death exhibit at St. Nicholas' Church is gone!! I talked it up so much to Geoff and we get there and it was gone!! Naisten Pood!! There was an outdoor Christmas market with lots of locally made goods being sold. We ate at the cheese restaurant...words cannot describe the taste explosions that happened in my mouth!! Our server there was absolutely fantastic...the best wine service I have ever had!! We hit a couple of museums and walked around town. Geoff managed to find jeans for $20 CND!! We also ate at a medieval restaurant. Geoff had wild boar and a herbed beer and I had pork marinated in beer and a drink called "Healing drops with herbs"...it was very strong Estonian liquor!! I think I was slurring my words by the end of the meal!! All in all, a wonderful time. I think Tallinn will forever be ingrained in my memory because I shared it with two people I love dearly.
Tampere has proven to be a bit of a bust. I think this is partly due to the fact that Geoff is severely jet-lagged and I am getting a cold. Yeah!! Just in time for Barcelona (we leave in 2 days) and for traveling back home. We went to O'Connell's Irish Pub the other night and Geoff had some tasty Guinness; it apparently rivals the Guinness at the Jame's Joyce on 4th. This is where I found out that I now have a huge HDTV at home. Yup, in his haste, Geoff went out and bought a big television. The worst part of it all is that my mother has known for 4 months and she hasn't said a word!! I feel completely betrayed...I always knew my mom liked Geoff better than me!! Okay, totally kidding but let's just say that the shock still hasn't worn off. I am slightly scared to leave the country again...I could come home to a new car or a cage of fighting!! Jon, don't get any ideas!!
I apologize but I don't have any pictures to add because they are all on Geoff's camera.
I hope that the Christmas spirit has hit everyone back home and that someone will have pity on me and bake me some yummy Christmas cookies for when I get back. Oh, guess what?? I know my christmas present from Geoff...I am getting a puppy!! YEAH!! I am sharing this with the world just in case he decides to change his mind. He can't go back now!! I have always wanted a puppy for Christmas!
Much love!!
Bug
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Marcela!
Best wishes for this upcoming weekend :)
I just tagged you on my blog (www.chmilarhouse.blogspot.com) if you want to pass it on.
Post a Comment