Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Comics....who would have though?

Terve!!

This is just a quick update because truthfully not much has happened since Monday. I am feeling much better and thankfully my voice has returned...I imagine not everyone is grateful for this but I sure am!! The weather is still miserable and the wind seems to be colder each day but this is Finland, after all!!

I came across something interesting (at least to me) today. It is a book called "Grassroots comics: A development communication tool". This book is the result of a partnership between Finland and India aimed at helping non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and grassroots organizations give voices to issues impacting communities, mostly within India. After much success throughout India, the partnership spread to Africa and some parts of the Middle East and Europe. The organizations involved are World Comics Finland and World Comic India. I am currently reading the book and I thought I would post a link to their website. I found the concept of using comics interesting...something so simple yet so powerful.

WORLD COMICS

Much love!
Bug

No comments: